BANK CARD SECURITY RUELS
Using a bank card is much safer, more convenient and more reliable than using cash. However, if we do not follow the general security rules, we ourselves may enable our card and the funds available on it to be used.
The recommendations given below will help you protect your bank card, details, Pin-code and other data as much as possible. They will also reduce the possible risks during any operation carried out with the card:
- In ATMs
- During non-cash payments – through POS-terminals
- In the Internet
Add any Credo Bank card to the Google/Apple Pay e-wallet and pay more easily at desired facilities or on the Internet. Travel by public transport for 1 GEL.
- Never disclose the PIN code of your card to a third person, including relatives, friends, workmates, employees of credit organizations, cashiers and also those who assist you in using the bank card.
- It is recommended to change the PIN code with a combination you can easily remember.
- Never give the card to a third person.
- When receiving an incoming call or email, do not disclose your card details even if a caller has presented himself as an employee of the bank serving you.
- Make sure you have activated the SMS service for transactions.
- In case of loss or theft of the card, block it in time with the help of remote services (the Internet/Mobile Bank) or notify the Bank through the call center +995 32 2 42 42 42.
- When entering the PIN, make sure that it is not visible for a third person standing near you.
- Outside the county, try to carry out the operation in the TMSs located in bank branches, state organizations, large shopping centers, hotels, airports, etc.
- Carefully read the notice displayed on the ATM (if any) as it may inform you on additional service fees.
- The service provider of an ATM or terminal, independently of CREDO BANK, may offer you to carry out the cash-out transaction in a different currency regardless of the currency the ATM physically dispenses or you have available on the card. If you agree to the offer, the operation will be processed at the rate determined by the ATM which may result in significant costs to you, so be careful with the offered exchange rate and make the desired choice.
- It is better to use your bank card in the Internet only in your personal computer as there is a risk of remembering confidential information.
- Use your card only on reliable and well-known Internet sites.
- Do not trust unbelievably attractive offers.
- Do not enter the Internet Bank username and password on the web pages opened by clicking on the link.
- Always enter the address of the Internet Bank yourself.
- Never give your card to service personnel, including at restaurants or petrol/gas filling stations.
- Request the card operation to be carried out in your presence to reduce the risk of illegal acquisition of the card data.
- Verify the amount of the withdrawn cash in the SMS or on the receipt
We would like to share to you tips how to protect yourself from online cyber fraud. One of the most common forms of crime is phishing.
Phishing is a form of cybercrime, the purpose of which is to fraudulently obtain personal data of Internet users.
For example: Cyber fraudsters forge websites of well-known companies or sent messages on their behalf through various remote channels, where users are asked to enter personal data (password, card number, etc.).
To protect yourself from the said scam:
- Do not enter your personal information on suspicious websites;
- Do not trust emails where you are asked to enter your personal information or bank details. Your bank will never ask you for sensitive information by email;
- Do not trust messages that require any urgent action from you. Urgency is often a sign that you are facing a cybercriminal;
- Check the website, if it looks less professional or contains errors, the sender may be a cybercriminal.
- Remember that a cybercriminal is trying to deceive you with a familiar image. Therefore, it is necessary to verify everything that seems suspicious to you. You will be able to minimize the risks only in this way.
Follow the general security rules and be calm as your card is in your own safe hands!